Thursday, August 8, 2013

Charlotte: Cajun Queen

It's been a few weeks since my last post because I have been traveling all over the place for work.  I have been in Charlotte, Richmond, Chesapeake, Texas, and Mexico!  It's been a hectic few weeks but luckily I did bring a blog post back with me. 




I was in Charlotte for training for work and we went to a restaurant called Cajun Queen.  I'm not exaggerating when I tell you this is the best Cajun food I have ever tasted.  Everything in this restaurant feels very authentic; from the New Orleans drink specials, to the live jazz band playing in the bar,  to the decor, and most importantly the amazing food!

I went to Cajun Queen back in April when I was in Charlotte and could not wait to go back.  When myself and the group of sales guys I was with had to pick a place for dinner on this visit, it was very easy.  We all agreed that we had to go back to this place.  

The first thing you notice when you walk up is the fact that this restaurant is actually a house turned into a restaurant.  It definitely looks like a house you would see walking down the streets of New Orleans, complete with a balcony on the side where you can enjoy a delicious beverage.




Of course the first thing we did when we got here was head upstairs to the bar to order a drink and listen to a little live music.  They have a large selection of drinks to choose from so don't hesitate to ask your server or bartender for their recommendation.  Here is a picture of HALF of the drink menu.  This doesn't include the beer selection or the wine selection.




Being the whisky drinkers that we all are; we all ordered a Sazerac cocktail.  Some of us ordered it the way Cajun Queen prepares it (with Evan Williams) and some of us got it made with Wild Turkey.  It's delicious both ways but I definitely recommend ordering it with the Wild Turkey, you will thank me later I promise!


My Sazerac made with Wild Turkey.

After enjoying a drink we headed to our table for dinner.  Choosing just one thing to order off of their menu was the hardest thing ever!  I didn't take a picture of the menu but you can check it out here.  In addition to what they have on their menu they also have daily specials.  I got one of the specials which was blackened Mahi Mahi over rice and topped with crawfish, artichoke hearts, and peppers.  I have to say it was one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten.  Here is a picture of my plate before I dug in.




So the next time you are in Charlotte I highly recommend you check out the Cajun Queen.  I promise that you will not be disappointed!


Cajun Queen
1800 East 7th Street
Charlotte, NC 28204
M-Th: 5:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Fri: 5:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Sat: 4:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Sun: 11:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a place I would love! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete